Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square meters and feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Bed. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
Concierge / Guest Services
- Ensure that services provided are in harmony with our Sheraton core values
- Ensure that our guests receive an on brand arrival/departure experience.
- Acknowledge and recognize SPG members.
- Ensure strict compliance with Sheraton Brand Standards in all related tasks and duties achieving 90% or above in the LRA inspection
- Live the Sheraton Brand Differentiators (Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed, Sheraton Fitness by EXOS, Sheraton Social hour, Sheraton Link by Microsoft and Sheraton Club).
- Avoid misusing of equipment.
- 100% daily usage of the Master Arrival Report to deliver GPS initiative successfully to our club guests.
- Ensure smooth and clear communication with other FO, HK, club and Room service associates.
- Acquire the proper product and service knowledge needed to perform your job properly.
- Ensure that guests’ requests are fulfilled and closed in SG within 15 minutes as average response time.
- Ensure guests defects are logged in SG and handled in 15 minutes. Follow up call are made to the guest within 30 minutes from the time the complaint was received while ensuring that guests are appropriately compensated and guests are satisfied.
- Be aware of the hotel Fire and Emergency procedures.
- Responsible to handle and provide on brand personalized guests’ transportation experience.
- Welcome all the hotel visitors and provide information about the hotel.
- Reviews all VIP Guests and SPG P/V arrival time and airport pick requests. (communicate directly with the transportation company)
- To maintain the Brochure Rack Stand updated with the proper set up of brochures and keep the stand clean and tidy at all times.
- To ensure strong networking with Dubai Concierge Community
- Maintain Opera updated with Dubai Happenings, Place to go, Restaurants.
- To be aware of all surrounding attraction in Dubai e.g. malls, restaurants, other hotels, and means of transportation.
- Ensure that the Luggage store is well organized and maintained.
- Handles Guests package, parcel and messages according to Brand Standards.
- Updates the Concierge information file at all times with the need additional information such as: Yacht renting Companies, Jewelry shops, Car rental companies, Nurseries, Malls, Branded Shops, travel agents and tour companies.
- Ensures that concierge desk at all times has the sufficient stationary and collaterals including Maps.
- Follow strictly the petty cash finance policy.
- Handles guests post cards sending and providing stamps
- Arrange the daily end of day activity sheet with a recap of all activities the desk had performed during the day.
- Assist the hotel revenue by:
1. Rooms/Suites Upselling.
2. Suggestive selling of the hotel restaurants.
- Have sufficient information about local surrounding areas to able to provide guests with choices and/or alternatives when requesting for assistance.
- Build positive, effective and on brand relationships with internal and external customers including VIPs and SPG elite members (G,P&V)
- Enforce free marketing activities to promote the hotel services through our guests by encouraging them to post reviews and tweets in the various social media.
- Ensure proper grooming and personal hygiene at all times as per hotel guidelines.
- Be knowledgeable about the hotel Guest Voice scores and current improvement plans set for the department.
We do expect that you do have the experiences/ behaviors below. You:
- Totally embrace the philosophy of guest and customer service and owns the guests;
- Identify yourself with the hotel’s brand and operating philosophy;
- Possess a warm and friendly demeanor;
- Strive to achieve satisfaction and delight of our customers;
- Are detail oriented;
- Thrive on pride of work and its product;
- Play as a team to achieve common goals;
- Have immaculate personal presentation e.g. grooming and conversational ability;
- Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm;
- Have a strong ability to learn skills, retain and demonstrate learning;
- Uphold ethical business practices.