The Information Technology (IT) department within Shell Trading plays a vital role in the supporting trading activities, as well as the daily running of the Division. In addition, the department also facilitates change in the implementation of new systems, enabling the growth and globalisation of the business, improving operational efficiency, and reducing cost.
Accountabilities- Provide high quality L1 infrastructure support to Trading users in a highly demanding environment via communication channels such as email, phone calls, walk-ins , instant messaging and remote support.
– Troubleshoot and resolve infrastructure issues relating to hardware, network, Windows 7 operating system, Microsoft Office and Trading applications.
– Ensure all issues are logged and take responsibility for ticket closure and timely resolution, escalating decisively where required.
– Work closely with various support teams within Trading and 3rd-party Integrated Support Providers (ISPs) to meet users’ requests and issues.
– Liaise with vendors for hardware acquisitions and services, request for quotations, purchase orders and ensure deliverables are met.
– Coordinate the onboarding of new users in access permissioning and hardware setup, train and familiarise users with Trading setup and IT essentials.
– Plan / coordinate / physically assist on desk movement and setup computer hardware, network points, telephones and dealerphones, working closely with various vendors and ensure minimum disruption to the users.
Minimum diploma, degree preferred
-Experience with call-logging systems (e.g. Service Manager)
-Excellent customer-facing, interpersonal and communication skills
-Ability to deal with business and IT management at all levels
-Ability to work in a highly pressured environment and respond effectively to urgent customer needs
-Knowledge of support processes and ITIL certification a plus
-Delivers results 1 Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.