Store Assistant at Dubai Healthcare City
Execute the cash/credit dealings through direct interface with customers and help generate business for the charity store.
Principal Accountabilities/Key Results Area:
- Greet customers professionally in a prompt pleasant helpful manner. Assist and serve them providing a service of highest standard.
- Till operation, receive payment by cash, credit / debit cards, issue receipts, refunds, credits or change due to customers.
- Tally transactions on a day to day basis and reconcile balances to provide accurate cash statements for accounting purposes. Count monies and maintain sufficient amounts of change in the cash drawer for daily operations to ensure that customers.
- Follow and adhere to control measures that are in place for the cash counter. Ensure that the counter area is always manned during hours of operations, to avoid any theft/malpractices to safeguard the organisation’s cash and store merchandise.
- Keep the store clean and tidy. As well as tidying up, restocking goods when they are selling out, and ensure they are attractively displayed.
- Manage inventory and replenish stock and liaise with suppliers
- Ensure that account balances are accurate and provide necessary support to correct discrepancies and errors to minimize any losses.
- Conduct account receivable and account payable transactions, ensure invoicing to customers and payment to suppliers in a timely manner to balance cash flows.
- Work closely with finance team to deposit monies, manage funds and reconcile statements to reflect accurate banking transactions.
- Prepare reports and submit to the line manager in order to provide management with consolidated information for review and decision making.
- Ensure compliance with business systems and processes and consciously promote regulatory and safety practices in all departmental activities to conform to Company guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Competencies :
2-3 years in a similar role
Job Specific Skills:
- Knowledge of basic arithmetic.
- Skill in handling and counting cash.
- Attention to detail.
- Good communications skills with customer care service skills.
source: DHCC Careers