Enter Email ID
Provides materials, equipment, and supplies by directing receiving, warehousing, and distribution services; supervising staff. You will oversee the efficient receipt, storage, value-adding servicing and dispatch of a wide variety of products. Ultimately, you should be able to ensure productivity targets are achieved and that all warehouse processes are running smoothly and promptly
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Strategically manage warehouse in compliance with company’s policies and vision
• Oversee receiving, warehousing, distribution and maintenance operations
• Setup layout and ensure efficient space utilization
• Initiate, coordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures
• Adhere to all warehousing, handling and shipping legislation requirements
• Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security
• Manage stock control and reconcile with data storage system
• Meets warehouse operations financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Develops warehouse operations system improvements by analyzing process work flow, manning and space requirements, and equipment layout; implementing changes.
• Achieves warehouse operations operational objectives by contributing warehouse operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends.
• Liaise with clients, suppliers and transport companies
• Plan work rotes, assign tasks appropriately and appraise results
• Recruit, select, orient, coach and motivate employees
• Produce reports and statistics regularly (IN/OUT status report, dead stock report etc.)
• Receive feedback and monitor the quality of services provided