1. Provide a friendly atmosphere at all times by greeting each guest as they walk in the door and continuing a positive interaction until they leave.
2. Open and close cash registers, performing tasks such as counting money, separating charge slips, coupons, and vouchers, balancing cash drawers, and making deposits.
3. Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
4. Explain customers regarding the store and its merchandise.
5. Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
6. Price tag, arrange and display merchandise to promote sales.
7. Ensure all the shelves and racks are clean and properly merchandise.
8. Bag or package purchases, and wrap the merchandise.
9. POS proficiency to ensure speed of service and accurate transactions that meet company standards.